Division: Project Management and Implementation
Date last modified: June 2017
Reports to: Lead Cost Technician
Nature of employment: Permanent
Annual Guaranteed Remuneration Package Market related
[COST TECHNICIAN ]
The purpose of this position, not limited to: Contract administration, Cost Management and Financial Planning services of TCTA projects.
1. Cost Planning Establish project charter budgets, maintain and update project charter as and when required Compile Annual Long term Cost Plans for the full lifecycle of TCTA projects Perform Monthly Cost Planning i.e. Re-Forecasting of all project contracts against the approved annual budgets
2. Contract Administration. Ensure Authenticity of all interim payment certificates against Charter Budgets, Contract Budgets and approved Variation Orders (VOs) and Claims for all project contracts. Ensure all interim payment certificates are paid within the agreed date of payment Process all VO’s and Claims on contracts and obtain approval in accordance to PMID approved work instructions
3. Project cost monitoring Maintain cost control (Cost Reports) for all contracts, viz. engineering, construction, environmental and all other project contracts Ensure accuracy of PSP half yearly financial review and update all forecasts and provide variance explanations Manage Contract Budgets against Charter budgets Manage Contract Expenditure against Contract Budgets
4. Review and monitor cost impact of changes to contracts Keep an updated record of changes occurring on contracts (Project Change Notifications i.e. Variations and Claims) “Review and monitor the cost impact of changes, ensuring that due process is followed before payment is affected. Check all calculations related to Claims, VO’s and other such changes. Monthly Trend analysis i.e. any possible future claims, VO’s and risk. Manage transfers relating to the Annual Budgets and TCTA’s Budget Checker
5. Report cost performance Provide cost input to monthly management reports i.e. project status reports Ensure monthly accruals are realistic and obtained from the PSP and contractor within the agreed timelines Prepare Monthly updated cost reports for review by both the PCM and PM Liaise with other team members on project-wide cost management system and integrated cost project reporting. Provide monthly variance reporting and planning on all contracts relating to Construction, engineering, Environmental Management and Health & Safety
6. Systems All above functions needs to be conducted within the TCTA approved Software Ensure monthly reports from the system is updated and check for correctness
B Tech Quantity Surveying or equivalent. Relevant professional registration. OR B Com degree coupled with CCT Registration, and At least 3 to 5 years experience in the implementation of Medium to large-scale construction projects of contracts and budgets. Good understanding of project management and contracts Please email your CV accompanied by Cover Letter to email@example.com the subject should be the position title.
For enquiries, please contact Ms Sixolile Shabalala on 012 683 1265 “TCTA’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, the organisation actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply”; “If you have not been contacted within 30 days after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.” “All appointments shall be subject to Competency Assessments”.
A detailed job profile is available on request Closing date: 14 August 2017